This week our resident Unified Communications expert, Chris Watling, explains the business benefits of Unified Communications.
Business benefits for the SME
In the past Unified Communications solutions were very expensive so were only viable for the large enterprise. As more Unified Communications offerings have come on the market they have become more affordable. In the last few years cloud computing has really taken off as a way of delivering complex services. This means that you can now get some of the best Unified Communications systems available as hosted solutions. This makes your life easier. You don’t have to invest in hardware, or have the hassle of supporting your chosen system.
SME’s in particular can get some fantastic business benefits from investing in a Unified Communications platform.
- Better staff collaboration resulting in increased productivity.
- The capability to expand the business quickly with minimal requirements for additional hardware and office space.
- The ability to offer more flexible working options to staff, including home working. This leads to improved staff satisfaction and better staff retention.
- Improved collaboration with suppliers and customers though presence information, this leads to faster response times and more efficient workflow.
- Better response times. As staff can pick up messages on multiple devices, they will be perceived as being more responsive to external contacts; this will increase customer satisfaction and increase sales.
Have we raised more questions, than we have answered? If you would like to explore how UC can benefit your organisation, please do make contact. For more information and impartial advice call us on 0844 477 1622 or email [email protected]
Want the chance to win a Plantronics Voyager Legend UC Bluetooth headset? All you have to do is tell us your story of how flexible working and Unified Communications are changing the way you work, or dream big and tell us how you’d like flexible working to change your work-life balance.
So send us an email to: [email protected]