Mid-September to October is the time when most students start University. Make sure you arrive prepared with these 5 must have gadgets.
1. Laptop – This has to be the biggest must have. Owning your own laptop means you can skip the wait at the library trying to secure a computer to complete your coursework and prepare your PowerPoint presentations. Aim for a light one that you can carry around so you can do your work anywhere around campus. You will need a large screen where you will be able to watch movies and read journal articles for your assignments.
Take a look at these laptops weighing less than 2kg and come with more than 750GB hard drive capacity: http://tinyurl.com/n6jffj7
2. Dictaphone – If you are prone to day dreaming or had a late night, Dictaphones will record all your lecturers’ wisdom for you. They are digital so you don’t need tapes, just load all the audio files onto your laptop and listen to them later.
Check out this Sony Dictaphone with a 2GB flash drive: http://tinyurl.com/kcxen6t
3. Digital Camera – University is the best time of your life. So make sure you have a camera to capture all those fun and crazy moments. From freshers’ week to pictures of all the new friends you will make, there will always be photo opportunities.
Take a look at this Sony digital camera which comes in several awesome colours: http://tinyurl.com/m2yrgfl
4. Printer – Having your own printer will save you a lot of hassle. Library opening times can vary so save yourself the trip as well as the expensive printing costs by getting your own. Invest in an all-in-one printer as you will find the need to print, scan and copy throughout university.
Take a look at this sleek multifunction printer by canon: http://tinyurl.com/kqauqyn
5. USB Stick – This device costs very little but can be a life saver. Make sure you back up all your important files on a USB stick in case your laptop gets lost, stolen or damaged. Having a USB is all handy if you don’t have a printer so you can take it along to the library.
Try out this 8 GB USB Stick which can be added to your key ring: http://tinyurl.com/lf8l43x