About the job
Full Job Description
Communications Solutions UK is a local family run business based in Reading. We deliver IT and communications hardware, services and support to small and medium size businesses with integrity, care and trust. As a company, we enable our clients to work flexibly, communicate effectively and increase productivity.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for an IT Infrastructure & Support Engineer to help us deliver an exceptional service to our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants variety and diverse challenges. You will work on infrastructure projects. Provide IT support. Work from home and in our Reading office, as well as on client sites. You will be part of a team that delivers projects, in addition to day-to-day support.
This role is responsible for designing and installing infrastructure projects, resolving technical issues, speaking with clients, ensuring that tickets are resolved quickly and efficiently and always within SLA deadlines. Being proactive in identifying issues where clients are being monitored and ensuring that these are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Designing & installing customer infrastructure and networks
- Providing 1st to 3rd line support for a range of clients and services
- Providing quality support by being engaging, friendly and confident to help us deliver a first-class end user experience for our clients
- Performing regular monitoring and maintenance of client systems
- Ensuring appropriate escalation actions are taken for tickets
- Managing clients effectively and always in a professional manner, by responding to inbound client enquiries and developing existing business
- Keeping client records and case notes up to date by recording all customer contact on the CRM and ticketing system
- Completing all relevant training and achieve manufacturer accreditations where appropriate
- Becoming an expert in relevant technology, keeping abreast of product developments and new product introductions
- 2-5 years’ experience in a support role
- Experience of network installation, configuration with a focus on security
- Highly customer focused with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working as a supplier on infrastructure build projects
- The technical ability to manage Microsoft and Google Cloud platforms, multiple networking, and hardware vendors
- Have an eye for detail and an aptitude for problem solving
- Great organisational skills and a can-do attitude
- Experience collaborating within a team to share knowledge and maintain documentation
- Ability to write and automate systems using scripting such as PowerShell
- The technical ability to manage Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud platforms
- Experience working within a Cyber Essentials, ITIL and ISO environment
- Confidence using monitoring tooling to create, manage and action alerts
- Experience working with an Azure AD environment, using products such as RMM, Azure, Cloud Networking, MDM, Virtualization and Hybrid computing
[Some qualifications you may want to include are Skills, Education, Experience, or Certifications.]
Example: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Qualifications (These are an added bonus and not essential for the role)
- MCSE or Equivalent or higher
- Microsoft Certified Associate Qualifications or higher
- CCNA or higher
- ITIL Qualifications
Why work for us?
Communications Solutions UK is a family business. We are passionate about delivering great service and having fun! We work on a blended model with days spent working in the Reading office, at home, and on client sites. Being a growing business there are always new and exciting things to get involved in. Bring your enquiring mind and sense of humour with you and we guarantee that you will not be bored!
This role offers hybrid working and private healthcare cover.
Our office is based in Reading (near Jct 11 of the M4) and has plenty of parking as well as great public transport connections.
If you are excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we are looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reading: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
If you are interested in this job, please apply at the following link
Get your FREE IT Audit
To give you confidence in our service, get to know us and how we work, contact us for your Free IT Audit.
The IT Audit
- Provides us with the information to assess the status of your systems.
- Identifies any vulnerabilities and potential concerns.
- Shows you how we manage your systems and report back.
Stay Up to Date With Us
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Click below to explore our feeds!
Terms & Conditions